Welcome to John's Food Blog...

Welcome to the first post of my food blog... I figured to start it off right we need to discuss how to make Fried Chicken.


Fried chicken - who doesn't love fried chicken? If you know someone who doesn't, don't tell me because I don't want to know them.

I grew up eating fried chicken - whether it was homemade, from KFC, broasted, whatever - we never lacked in the fried chicken department. My girlfriend loves fried chicken too and she grew up eating it as well. Ya know, it is just one of those staples!

Since I read quite a few food blogs, I see little tips and tricks all the time. One tip that I have read several places, is soaking your chicken in buttermilk and spices for 24 hour before breading it, makes the most moist, tender chicken. I have tried this several times and I will tell you, I will not make fried chicken any other way. It really is moist, juicy, and just down right good.




I tried to serve my deep fat fried chicken with at least something healthy. 

1 pound chicken (again your choice)
1 cup buttermilk
salt and pepper to taste
egg wash
seasoned flour for dredging
vegetable oil for frying

Season your chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Place in a ziploc bag and pour buttermilk over top. Marinate in the fridge for 24 hours. 

Shake off any excess buttermilk and dunk your chicken pieces in flour, then egg, then flour again. Let rest for at least ten minutes before frying. Heat your oil to medium high. Place chicken in oil. The cooking time completely varies based on the chicken you use. Make sure all sides are golden brown and the chicken is cooked through.

Enjoy your clogged arteries :)

No comments:

Post a Comment